7th to 8th April & 5th to 6th May 2018
NEW THIS YEAR! Kodály Certificate Foundation Level CPD Certified Course
Sat 7 – Sun 8 April, 10-5pm, Telford Campus (University of Wolverhampton) TF2 9NN.
Sat 5 – Sun 6 May, 10-5pm (3pm finish on Sunday), University of Huddersfield HD1 3DH.
For non-specialist teachers, no prior musical knowledge required. A hands-on course full of practical ideas to use with children.
The foundation course is aimed at those with no, or very little music experience. There are no “entry requirements”. The course aims to give participants the basic fundamental music skills needed to deliver sessions in Nursery and Primary Schools therefore the course would be suitable for Nursery Teachers, Support Assistants, Playgroup leaders, Primary Teachers or anyone wishing to be involved in the delivery of music education to children 11 and under.
The course will cover include the following topics:
Singing Games and Rhymes – how to use singing games as a springboard for musical learning.
- The importance of singing, games and movement in the Early Years/Primary Education
- Developing confidence as a leader of singing sessions
- Developing an understanding of the basic building blocks of music education : Beat, rhythm, pitch, dynamics, tempo and phrasing and how we help children understand these concepts
- The introduction of classroom percussion to support a singing curriculum
- How music can support other areas of the curriculum: Specifically literacy, numeracy and health and well being.
- How to encourage creativity in the music lesson
- An introduction to music literacy
- How to plan and deliver and effective music lesson
For other levels of Certification from the BKA please visit our Certification page.