The British Kodály Academy is a Registered Charity. Membership is open to anyone in sympathy with the aims of the Academy and interested in learning about Kodály’s work, teaching philosophy and music. Join the British Kodály Academy and become part of this growing movement in the United Kingdom, working to promote the learning and practice of Kodály’s principles.
BKA members enjoy
- A Newsletter containing interesting articles, teaching tips and news of Kodály courses and events
- Access to the much loved BKA Members’ Facebook Group
- Advance information about future events and activities
- A morning of free workshops on the AGM day
- Access to the members’ area of the website including a contact list for all BKA members, back catalogue of BKA newsletters and other Kodály articles
- An entry on the BKA Find A Teacher Page
- A link on the BKA website (on a reciprocal basis) to their own personal website
- The opportunity to advertise to the Membership any courses or events organised by themselves via the website and/or Newsletter.
- Electronic updates for all courses and events including teaching opportunities.
BKA Corporate Members also enjoy
- Corporate Members are named on the website on the “About the BKA” page, along with the organisations of which the British Kodály Academy is Corporate Member.
- BKA Corporate Members are entitled to a link to their organisation on the BKA website. Individuals belonging to a corporate member organisation however, are not entitled to a link to their own personal websites; for this, they must have their own membership of the BKA.
The BKA is affiliated to the International Kodály Society, giving access to the Kodály movement worldwide.
BKA membership year runs from 1st July to 30th June