Chris Rupp is a professional a cappella singer and instrumentalist, both as a solo artist and as a member of several bands, who has released 16 albums in his career.
He is the founder of the Chris Rupp Project, 7th Ave, and Home Free – the wildly successful champions of NBC’s hit show, The Sing-Off.
Chris has more than 20 years of experience as a professional musician, performer, and vocalist, and his various videos have garnered over 150 million views on YouTube. He has collaborated with the likes of Kenny Rogers, the Oak Ridge Boys, Charlie Daniels, Peter Hollens, Jewel, Nick Lachey, Shawn Stockman (Boyz II Men), Patrick Stump (Fallout Boy) and Avi Kaplan (Pentatonix).
Chris has guest-lectured at many national events in the world of vocal music, including Camp A Cappella, A Cappella Academy, SheSings vocal festival, and SoJam Music Festival. He has led countless college and high school masterclasses for vocal music. His lectures cover many different topics including those listed below.
- Music theory and vocal arranging
- Nuts and bolts of forming and creating a band or a cappella group
- The past, present, and future of a cappella
- The changing music economy as traditional labels struggle to find their place, while social
media offers entirely new opportunities
- How to create and market content in a digital world, and creating your “brand”
Kodály Spring Course 2018 Workshops
Chris will be offering workshops on some of the following topics:
- The progression of an a cappella arrangement
- The progression of the song-writing process
- Comparing various a cappella arrangements
- Comparing a solo vocal/piano song with an a cappella version
- His story and the history of Home Free